Children's Ministry Pastor
To provide visionary and shepherding leadership in RBK areas (birth – grade7) that gives an opportunity for everyone participating to grow in Jesus
Accountable to: Lead Pastor
Responsible for: Area Coordinators - Family lounge (birth-2 years), 2-5 years (First Look), grades K-5 (RBKids), grades 6&7 (RBTweens)
- To build an overall Kids ministry that emphasizes home influence, spiritual development, fun and community impact.
- To build a strategy to develop leaders in ministry and develop teams that will encourage each other to grow.
- To build a children’s ministry:
that emphasizes the home as the primary center of faith development,
that gives an opportunity for kids to move forward in whole life development through a fun atmosphere and strong relationships with God, leaders and other children.
HOW TO ACHIEVE YOUR MISSION
- Develop and implement the vision for Children’s Ministry in collaboration with the Lead Pastor.
- Develop and implement an annual ministry plan of activities.
- Strategic Planning
- Build an overall strategy to get kids from where they are spiritually to where they can be when they move from RBK to youth
- Provide leadership training and planning initiatives for the Children’s Ministry workers
- Responsible for Children’s Ministry budget and financial oversight.
- Spiritual Leadership
- Oversee the selection and implementation of curriculum.
- Oversee, organize and implement a summer music and arts camp
- Develop a communication plan to keep staff, volunteers, and parents informed.
- Resource parents with information about the curriculum and ideas for parents to use at home -at a minimum monthly, preferred weekly.
- Manage communication between ministries that interact with the children’s department.
- Using Planning Center to organize and communicate with teaching teams.
- Connecting with other staff to optimize ideas, facility use and strategic planning
- Leadership Development
- Connecting with teachers and other RBK leaders consistently and with a purpose.
- Recruit, mobilize and shepherd leaders by building a relationship that influences their faith and character.
- Influence volunteer workers to keep and grow their passion for kids.
- Have a growing relationship with Jesus
- Have a passion for kids and their homes and their relationship to God
- In agreement with the RB statement of faith
- Be a forever learner.
- Training and experience working with children
- Biblical and Theological training is an asset but not a requirement
Responsibility to God
- Love God with heart, soul, mind and strength
- Joyfully respond to God's call to ministry
- Maintain a fresh relationship with God through appropriate spiritual disciplines
- Servant leader as Jesus' modeled for us
- Faithful and generous steward of God's resources
to self and family
- Vital, growing relationship to spouse if married
- Integrity, high moral and ethical character
- Maintain personal health through recreation and relaxation
Manages personal finances with integrity – does not carry excessive debt
This is a part-time position requiring 20 hours/week. This includes Sunday responsibilities at all services and staff meetings. The work time is flexible with the knowledge that we function as a pastoral team, collaborating and assisting each other as needs dictate. Experience and training will be factored into the salary of the successful candidate.
To apply for this position please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org