Richmond Baptist Kids Ministry
SUNDAY MORNING PROGRAM
RBK is our weekly Sunday program for kids from age 2 to grade 7. We want our children to learn about God in an environment that connects with them, is fun, safe and relational. The teachers are leaders who understand kinds, love being with them and who build an atmosphere of trust. Plus, the curriculum we use includes crucial resources for our homes to teach their children more about what they learn at church. It’s based on the belief that 2 > 1+1. When the home and the church speak with one voice it is more impacting and life transforming. The children are a priority to our church, not just in word, but in action too.
FIRST LOOK is for children 2-5. The entire curriculum is constructed to meet your preschoolers where they are: cognitively, spiritually, physically, emotionally and socially. Through age-appropriate activities, preschoolers are building their spiritual foundation so that by the time they graduate to Kindergarten they know these three basic truths.
- God Made Me
- God Loves Me
- Jesus Wants To Be My Friend Forever
252Kids is for children K-grade 7. What we teach in 252 is based on one of three basic, but powerful, truths modeled by Jesus in Luke 2:52.
- I need to make wise choices.
- I can trust God no matter what.
- I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
What happens on a Sunday?
- Before heading into the auditorium, bring your kids to the sign-in desk to grab the check-in and check-out labels.
- The children are dismissed part way through the service (We do it this way because we believe it is important for our children to worship with their parents and other adults.).
- Their time starts in a large group where they have an energetic time of worship, participating in the Bible story that lays the foundation for the value they are learning about and prayer.
- Then they head into small groups to build relationships, connect with teachers, memory verses and go a little deeper into the story in an age-appropriate method.
- They conclude the time by gathering together for a short wrap up event before the parents come to pick them up in RBK space with the check-out labels